Training & Development
If you need urgent support, please contact us.
Take a look at our pricing and packages.
We understand the importance of training & development and the effect it can have to have a well trained team within your business and is why we offer a comprehensive training & development package for your business. All our products are written specifically for your business taking into account your personal needs whether this be in management skills or skills for the entire team. We can adapt to suit you and for the success of your business & team.
So what are the benefits of comprehensively investing in your team?
There are a wide range of benefits that your company can gain from ensuring you have a well trained team and these can be seen below:
- Improved employee performance – An employee who receives the required development is more able to successfully perform in their job. The development will give them a greater understanding of their responsibilities within their role and in turn build their confidence. This confidence will enhance their overall performance and this can only benefit the company and employee involved. Employees who are competent and on top of changing industry standards help your company hold a position as a leader and strong competitor within the industry.
- Improved employee satisfaction and morale – the investment in development that a company makes shows employees that they are valued. The development creates a supportive workplace. Employees may gain access to training they wouldn’t have otherwise known about or sought out themselves. Employees who feel appreciated and challenged through training opportunities may feel more satisfaction toward their jobs.
- Addressing development needs – Most employees will have some training & development needs in their workplace skills. A training program allows you to strengthen those skills that each employee needs to improve. A development program brings all employees to a higher level so they all have similar skills and knowledge. This helps reduce any weak links within the company who rely heavily on others to complete basic work tasks. Providing the necessary training creates an overall knowledgeable staff with employees who can take over for one another as needed, work on teams or work independently without constant help and supervision from others. Identifying those needs can be addressed fro ensuring a comprehensive performance review process is in place that allows you to identify the individuals / companies development needs.
- Consistency – A robust training and development program ensures that employees have a consistent experience and background knowledge. The consistency is particularly relevant for the company’s basic policies and procedures. All employees need to be aware of the expectations and procedures within the company. Increased efficiencies in processes results in financial gain for the company. When working with businesses, Consensus HR will ensure that all your planned development correctly intertwines with you Policies & Procedures.
- Increased productivity and adherence to quality standards – Productivity usually increases when a company implements training courses. Increased efficiency in processes will ensure project success which in turn will improve the company turnover and potential market share.
- Increased innovation in new strategies and products – Ongoing training and upskilling of the workforce can encourage creativity. New ideas can be formed as a direct result of training and development.
- Reduced employee turnover – staff are more likely to feel valued if they are invested in and therefore, less likely to change employers. Training and development is seen as an additional company benefit. Recruitment costs therefore go down due to staff retention.
- Enhances company reputation and profile – Having a strong and successful training strategy helps to develop your employer brand and make your company a prime consideration for graduates and mid-career changes. Training also makes a company more attractive to potential new recruits who seek to improve their skills and the opportunities associated with those new skills.
Development can be of any kind relevant to the work or responsibilities of the individual, and can be delivered by any appropriate method.
For example, it could include:
- On the job development
- Mentoring schemes with member of the team / management
- In-house training
- Individual study
- A comprehensive range of different methods is becoming more and more popular and as a company we have seen a definite increase in this method of training over the last year. Blended Learning is the effective combination of online learning and classroom learning. Many of 20|20’s clients prefer their staff to learn on-site rather than attend off-site training programmes – especially in industries like oil and gas where it is often very impractical to attend off-site courses. On-site learning programmes like the blended learning approach, allow 20|20 to train more people working across a larger international footprint than just the UK. This makes it much more cost-effective and allows for greater process consistency.
The importance of training your employees – both new and experienced – really cannot be overemphasise.